Saturday, December 20, 2008

PowerShell at HIMSS

I found out on Friday (December 19th, 2008) that my proposal to speak at the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) - Microsoft Health Users Group (MSHUG) was accepted! This is two years in a row that I have had the opportunity to speak at this conference. Last year, a colleague of mine (Andrew Klare) and I presented on the implementation of Microsoft Speech with the Ohio State University Medical Center's Patient Transportation application.

This year, the presentation will be titled, “Managing your Healthcare environment with PowerShell”. I am looking forward to evangelizing PowerShell with this group! Given the time constraint (approx. 50 minutes), I will more then likely show examples of various monitoring and scheduled jobs that we currently use. I will also try to demonstrate how the use of PowerShell has impacted productivity and budgets.

Any suggestions from the PowerShell community would be appreciated!

No comments: